ASSESSMENT EVENT DETAILS
Scout AssessmentTM is designed to determine class composition and placement within a cohort for middle year students. Scout Assessment gives educators the confidence they need to ensure that students are well placed for a happy and successful school year.
- Assesses groups of students applying to enter your school and informs class composition within a cohort.
- Flexible and convenient assessment that can be administered by your school as the need arises.
- School and student reports are emailed to you within ten working days of your answer booklets being received by ICAS Assessments.
ASSESSMENT SUBJECTS AVAILABLE
Scout assesses the core skills of Mathematics, Reading, Language, and Writing.
Scout Assessment is divided into three parts:
Assesses mathematical skills in a range of contexts across number and arithmetic, algebra and patterns, measurement, space and geometry, and chance and data.
Reading and Language
Assesses reading and language skills in a wide range of literary and factual texts. Students are assessed on:
- Their ability to read for meaning in literary and factual text
- Recognition of textual devices in these texts and to interpret the meaning of words and phrases
- Identify the correct use of grammar.
Students will be asked to write an aspect or stage of a narrative. The task is scored using six criteria which assess students’ ability to:
- Fulfil the requirements of the genre
- Effective use of vocabulary
- Sentence structure, including complex types—correctly,
- Punctuate and spell correctly.