ICAS Assessments Returns Policy
Your Right to a refund under Australian Law
When you purchase a product on our ICAS Assessments Site, our goods and services come with consumer guarantees that you are entitled to under the Australian Consumer Law.
You may visit the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) for more information regarding your entitlements.
Nothing in the following will preclude your right to a refund under the Australian Consumer Guarantees.
Parents Requesting a Refund
How to Request a Refund?
You may make request for refund by emailing [email protected]
The outcome of a refund request, including the option between a credit note or a refund, will be at our discretion.
When is the last day I can request a refund for my order?
For ICAS Assessments at schools: Refund requests must be submitted no later than 7 days after the end of the relevant Sitting Period for the product/s that you wish to refund. Any refunds submitted later than 7 days after the end of the Sitting Period will not be considered by us. For each ICAS Assessments test, the test Sitting Period will be listed on our website: https://www.icasassessments.com.
For ICAS Assessment tests at Janison venues (JEM): Refund requests must be submitted to us at least four (4) weeks prior to the Sitting Period for the product/s that you wish to refund. Any refunds submitted later than the above timeframe will not be considered by us.
Deciding the Outcome of your Refund Request
Generally, we will not provide a refund to you in the following situations:
- Change of mind: If you merely change your mind about the product and/or services;
- School cancellation: If your child’s School has decided not to run the ICAS tests and the decision is not the result of an event outside the reasonable control of the School (e.g. Pandemic, Natural Disasters, Public Conflicts etc.), you will have to raise the issue of a refund with the School;
- Alternate Test Date Available: In some situations, the ICAS Assessments test dates may be moved to accommodate circumstances outside of our control or the control of the School. Where an alternate test date is offered to you, and your child is able to attend that alternate test date, a refund will not be provided; and
- Past Papers: Since past papers are digital documents, a refund will generally not be provided.
All other requests for refunds will be considered by us, and you will be notified of the outcome.
What Happens if something happens Outside of the School or ICAS Assessment’s Control?
Sometimes, an event that is outside our control or the control of the School may occur (e.g. Pandemic, Natural Disasters etc.).
If such an event occurs, we will contact you as soon as possible regarding the next steps.
Where agreed to by us and your School, a new date for the ICAS test will be proposed. If no new arrangement can be made between us and your School for a new date, a refund will be provided to you when you submit a request for refund.
Schools Requesting a Refund
How to Request a Refund, and when will a Refund be provided?
A School may request a refund by emailing [email protected] to obtain the Refund Request Form. A completed Refund Request Form to be emailed to [email protected].
A refund may be provided in the following circumstances:
- Error: The School makes an error when purchasing a Product or Service and has provided us with a Request for Refund Form within 5 days of its purchase to rectify their error;
- Unforeseeable Circumstances*: The School experiences an unforeseeable circumstance (e.g. merger, acquisition, closure) that makes it impractical for the School to facilitate the ICAS tests, and no alternate test date is available;
- Event Outside of the School’s Control (Force Majeure Event): An event such as a pandemic, natural disaster, war, public conflict etc. occurs and no alternate test date is available/agreed upon between ICAS Assessments and the School.
All refund approvals are at our discretion, and it is also in our sole discretion to decide whether to provide a refund or a credit note. Please note, any refunds may incur an administrative fee.
*Additional Requirements for a Refund Request for Unforeseeable Circumstances and/or a Force Majeure Event
Upon requesting a refund due to an unforeseeable circumstance, the School must provide Janison with evidence of:
- Any amounts that the School has charged to parents that have subsequently been refunded to those parents or a written statement that the School intends to refund the parents within 14 days and provides further evidence that it has, in fact, done so; and
- The Unforeseeable Circumstance and the inability to agree to an alternate test date.
Deadline for Refunds
Refund Requests must be made no later than 7 days after the end of each relevant Sitting period.